The ASA College Pharmacy Technology (A.O.S) Degree Program in New York City prepares students to support pharmacists in a variety of pharmacy-related duties. It integrates theory and practice, combining classroom lectures in all areas of pharmacy technology with hands-on learning in dedicated pharmacy laboratories and field experience through a comprehensive externship program. Each student will complete 90 experiential hours in both a community and hospital setting for a total of 180 hours.
Upon successful completion of the program, a graduate should possess the competencies and knowledge required to function successfully as an entry-level pharmacy technician by demonstrating the ability to:
- Communicate effectively with patients, and medical and pharmacy professionals both verbally and non-verbally.
- Identify and describe the names, uses, and misuses of a variety of prescription and Over-The-Counter (OTC) pharmaceutical products.
- Deﬁne and describe the symptoms and implications of substance misuse and abuse.
- Apply ethical and legal principles and standards for the control, release, and use of health information.
- Successfully pass the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination.
Employment opportunities for graduates include positions in community (retail, managed care), institutional (hospital, nursing home) or government (military, VA) pharmacies. Graduates may also pursue careers in pharmaceutical manufacturing and sales along with the health insurance industry.
Pharmacy Technology Program is Recognized by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT PHARMACY TECHNOLOGY DEGREE PROGRAM
By clicking send me info, I consent to receive email, autodialed and/or prerecorded calls and text messages at the phone number or email provided above from or on behalf of ASA College regarding educational programs. (Consent is not a condition of enrollment.)