Office Technology & Administration
In today’s business world, technology is indispensable to the operation of every modern business enterprise. Office technology personnel prepare and analyze documents for individuals, corporations, state and federal government agencies, not-for-profit companies, and other organization’s economic position so future plans can be developed. Managers rely on information to make reasoned decisions.
The certificate program in the office technology and administration solidifies the prospect transition into degree program that is similarly configured. The augmenting coursework in the office-administration track provides foundation courses for transfer into other business-related concentrations-accounting, management of information systems.
Upon successful completion of the program, a graduate should be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and achievements:
- Employ industry-standard accounting software packages to prepare accurate ﬁnancial statements, report key data, and prepare both individual and business tax documents; use interpretive and analytic skills to identify problems, create reports, with respect to commonly used basic ﬁnancial statements.
- Utilize active listening skills to accurately condense and record verbal information and instructions.
- Apply standard records management procedures when establishing and maintaining systems to classify, organize, store, and retrieve hard copy and electronic ﬁles.
- Select, apply, and adapt computer software tools (word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation) to business-related tasks.
- Evaluate ethical, social, civic, and cultural issues in the context of business and accounting practice; transfer to an associate degree program with little to no further academic preparation.
Graduates of this program will be qualified to provide support to senior staff within an office setting as research assistants, bookkeeping assistants, secretaries, data entry clerks, etc.
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND ADMINISTRATION CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
By clicking submit, I consent to receive email, autodialed and/or prerecorded calls and text messages at the phone number or email provided above from or on behalf of ASA College regarding educational programs. (Consent is not a condition of enrollment.)
¹Effective Monday, April 13th, the following guidelines apply to student laptop distribution at all ASA Campuses for the Summer 2020 semester only:
- Full-time and part-time active students are eligible to receive a free laptop if they register for the Summer 2020 semester.*
- This extends to students in all programs including those enrolled in ESL, as well as international students.**