Office Technology & Administration
In today’s business world, technology is indispensable to the operation of every modern business enterprise. Office technology personnel prepare and analyze documents for individuals, corporations, state and federal government agencies, not-for-profit companies, and other organization’s economic position so future plans can be developed. Managers rely on information to make reasoned decisions.
The certificate program in office technology and administration solidifies the prospect transition into degree program that is similarly configured. The augmenting coursework in the office-administration track provides foundation courses for transfer into other business-related concentrations-accounting, management of information systems.
Office Technology Program Learning Options
Office Technology is a program that gives you the ultimate flexibility to work anywhere. In keeping with the flexibility of the degree, ASA also provides a variety of different ways to attend your classes. Contact us today to learn more about on-campus, vs remote options.
On-Campus: Choose from our Manhattan campus or Brooklyn campus, whichever is located more conveniently for you.
Remote: ASA is now also offering classes for your Information Technology program Remotely! Remote is the perfect combination of in-person instruction, combined with the convenience of online learning. Your classes will be held on a specific day and time, and your teacher will teach directly online during that time. Ask questions, gather feedback, interact with your peers – the same as you would on campus, all without the commute! You can even attend remote classes while traveling, as long as you can attend one on-campus class per semester.
Contact us today to get started on your Office Technology program in whichever format suits you best!
Upon successful completion of the program, a graduate should be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and achievements:
- Employ industry-standard accounting software packages to prepare accurate ﬁnancial statements, report key data, and prepare both individual and business tax documents; use interpretive and analytic skills to identify problems, create reports, with respect to commonly used basic ﬁnancial statements.
- Utilize active listening skills to accurately condense and record verbal information and instructions.
- Apply standard records management procedures when establishing and maintaining systems to classify, organize, store, and retrieve hard copy and electronic ﬁles.
- Select, apply, and adapt computer software tools (word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation) to business-related tasks.
- Evaluate ethical, social, civic, and cultural issues in the context of business and accounting practice; transfer to an associate degree program with little to no further academic preparation.
Graduates of this program will be qualified to provide support to senior staff within an office setting as research assistants, bookkeeping assistants, secretaries, data entry clerks, etc.
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND ADMINISTRATION CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
By clicking submit, I consent to receive email, autodialed and/or prerecorded calls and text messages at the phone number or email provided above from or on behalf of ASA College regarding educational programs. (Consent is not a condition of enrollment.)