Nursing Program (RN)
Associate in Applied Science Degree in Nursing Program
68 SEMESTER CREDITS in as little as 20 MONTHS TOTAL
Welcome to the Department of Nursing and thank you for your interest in our nursing program. The faculty and staff are dedicated to providing quality nursing education to our students. As the health care landscape continues to shift and change, it is vital that we prepare our students for practice in both traditional and non-traditional health care environments. The faculty and staff are dedicated to this endeavor and work collaboratively with students, ASA College administration, and our clinical partners to realize these efforts.
ASA College offers an Associate Degree in Applied Science in Nursing, (AAS).
The AAS in Nursing Program requires the completion of 68 credits (IN AS LITTLE AS 20 MONTHS) in total:
- 43 credits are in the major (nursing)
- 20 credits in general education/arts & sciences
- 5 credits of required college core courses
Our training programs supplement the goals of each student and enable their long-term success. Clinical rotations in major New York City Hospitals are allocated to each nursing course. As you adapt to the workplace environment, you will be able to apply your skills and training in the real world.
Graduates of the program will be qualified to sit the certification examination NCLEX-RN to become Registered Professional Nurses. Opportunities are also available for licensed graduates of this program to continue their education at the baccalaureate degree level.
Student Right to KnowClick Here >
ASA College provides quality education and training to students who face a rapidly changing employment market. We offer a complete range of educational and career support services to facilitate the transition period between the training program and the real work environment. Our facilities contain the most advanced technologies to help every student gain a full understanding of the practical aspects of the nursing profession. The hands-on experience of the classroom is supplemented by our job-placement services. Every aspect of the student’s learning environment is fully supported by experienced and highly qualified instructors.
Many students will elect to further their education to advance their careers. ASA College FL campus offers an RN to BSN Program that offers the didactic portion of the program fully online, with practical experiences offered in NY. RN to BSN Program is designed expressly for associate degree RNs who want to further their educational growth and development. ASA College’s nursing students will find an easy transition into the RN to BSN program as it is taught through the same Blackboard Learning Management System as the AAS in Nursing.
The RN to BSN program builds upon your prior learning reducing unnecessary repetition to minimize your investment of time and money (ask your admission representative for scholarship/discount offers for ASA students). This makes the program uniquely flexible to practicing Registered Nurses with full-time employment commitments.
Students may choose to continue their professional training by taking advanced coursework that will lead to employment in the field of healthcare; or further their education and become Nurse Practitioners, work in research or as leaders and administrators.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Registered Nurses,
on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm (visited July 05, 2019).
- The Nursing Program is designed to prepare students to take the challenging NCLEX-RN exam and become a high-level professional in the nursing field.
- Passing this rigorous examination is necessary to obtain a license to practice as a registered nurse in New York.
- Job security is always a concern of nursing students, so we created support center for career development and job placement.
- Our dedicated career support team is available to assist graduates throughout their entire career.
There is a growing need for qualified registered nurses in a variety of healthcare settings.
They include, however are not limited to:
- acute care hospitals
- urgent care centers
- rehabilitation centers
- nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- specialized outpatient services (e.g., hemodialysis, dentistry, podiatry, chemotherapy, endoscopy, and pain management clinics)
- outpatient surgery centers
- community and home healthcare settings
Why come to ASA’s Division of Nursing?
- The Division of Nursing has highly qualified faculty, support staff, state-of-the-art facilities and technology. Our faculty are nurse educators who are clinical leaders and experts within their specialties. They are dedicated and committed to preparing self-directed graduates who will make a difference in their community.
- Our simulation labs provide our students with state of the art learning.
- Education through simulation plays a critical role in preparing students to have the confidence and skills they need.
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
ABOUT NURSING DEGREE PROGRAM
By clicking submit, I consent to receive email, autodialed and/or prerecorded calls and text messages at the phone number or email provided above from or on behalf of ASA College regarding educational programs. (Consent is not a condition of enrollment.)