“They [ASA] have great support systems in place
so that you are well prepared for the challenges you face … Advisors were always available to assist me in any way they could.”
The Associate in Applied Science degree program in Nursing offers a strong foundation in science and technology to prepare nurses who are proficient and meet the needs of the health care delivery system of the 21st century. The program also provides the necessary knowledge and skills required for advanced study at the baccalaureate level. Graduates of the program will be able to use the nursing process to provide patient care within a self-care framework to patients across the life span.
The program requires the completion of 68 credits – 43 credits are in the major (nursing) and 20 credits in general education/arts & sciences. The latter category of courses ensures strong liberal art and science foundation. There are also 5 additional credits of required college core courses. Graduates of the program will be qualified to sit the certification examination NCLEX-RN to become Registered Professional Nurses. Opportunities are also available for licensed graduates of this program to continue their education at the baccalaureate level.
Nursing Student HandbookClick Here >
There is a growing need for qualified registered nurses in a variety of healthcare settings, which include large hospitals, small family clinics, private nursing homes and more.
Number of jobs, 2014
Median Pay, 2018
- The Nursing Program is designed to prepare students to take the challenging NCLEX-RN exam and become a high-level professional in the nursing field.
- Passing this rigorous examination is necessary to obtain a license to practice as a registered nurse in New York.
- Job security is always a concern of nursing students, so we created a unique support center for career development and job placement.
- Our dedicated career support team is available to assist graduates throughout their entire career.
ASA College provides quality education and training to students who face a rapidly changing employment market. We offer a complete range of educational and career support services to facilitate the transition period between the training program and the real work environment. Our facilities contain the most advanced technologies to help every student gain a full understanding of the practical aspects of the nursing profession. The hands-on experience of the classroom is supplemented by our job-placement services. Every aspect of the student’s learning environment is fully supported by experienced and highly qualified instructors.
Graduates of our nursing program can find work in a variety of clinical environments, educational institutions or private practice settings.
Many students will elect to work as a registered nurse practitioner.
Other students may choose to continue their professional training by taking advanced coursework that will lead to employment in the field of healthcare administration.
Additional employment options include working in research facilities or as a leader in a private clinical environment.
Our training programs supplement the goals of each student and enable their long-term success. Clinical rotations in major New York City hospitals are allocated to each nursing course. As you adapt to the workplace environment, you will be able to apply your skills and training in the real world.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Registered Nurses,
on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm (visited July 05, 2019).
Why attend ASA College?
What can ASA College students get after graduation?
- Occupational/Applied Science College Degree with credits that may be transferable to 4-year degree institutions
- Job Placement Assistance for graduates
- Industry certifications
- Membership in the ASA College Alumni Association
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) for International Students: a one-year work authorization for qualified students
Why choose ASA College:
- Great student services
- Unlimited free tutorials and lab training with class professor
- Real job and career assistance
- Externship is required for any degree program
- Nationally ranked DIVISION ONE athletic programs
- Intramural sports
Every ASA student can participate in a sport of his/her choice
- Individualized class schedules
- Specialized occupational college degrees
- Short certificate programs available
- Distance learning courses available
- Financial aid available for those who qualify (may include loans that must be repaid)
- Authorized to enroll foreign students
“They [ASA] have great support systems in place
“As an adult, I discovered that one of the most important values in life is education, the kind of education that will enable you to secure a career of your choice.”
Student Right to KnowClick Here >
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
ABOUT NURSING DEGREE PROGRAM
By clicking send me info, I consent to receive email, autodialed and/or prerecorded calls and text messages at the phone number or email provided above from or on behalf of ASA College regarding educational programs. (Consent is not a condition of enrollment.)