Dear ASA Graduates and Expected Graduates: We are ready to celebrate and honor your achievements. It’s our pleasure to announce that our 2022 Commencement Ceremony will be held in person on Friday, August 26, 2022! From 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm At the United Palace Theater, located at 4140 Broadway, New York, NY 10033 (off 175th street Broadway) near the A train and 1 train) We will be distributing cap and gown Monday through Friday, at the Manhattan Campus located at 105 West 33rd Street, New York, NY...
News & Events
Nursing Students Test N95 Masks
Last week, students from the Nursing program participated in a fit testing for N95 masks. Due to the pandemic, our clinical partners have requested that our nursing students wear N95 respirator masks. A N95 mask filters out 95% of airborne particles which include bacteria and viruses. As frontline workers, the face-fitting mask worn must be tested to ensure accuracy of the fit. This can take place once a year or more often if the mask model is changed.
How the fit testing was made:
- To begin, we give the students a N95 mask (NIOSH approved) to put on, then we place a hood over their head.
- Once they’re comfortable, we spray a saccharin mist into the hood via a small circular opening in the front.
- The wearer must move their head in four different directions and recite a short poem or sing the alphabet (students enjoyed this part).
- At the end of the test, we ask the students if they can taste anything (bitter or sweet).
- According to their answer we would pass them or resize the mask and test again.
May is national Nurse’s month. During this month we would like to honor you and thank you for choosing such an impactful career. Throughout this month we want to continue to recognize nurses for their hard work and contributions. We would like to feature you – an essential, respected, front-line worker – on our social media pages. Nursing graduates, please email us at email@example.com to learn more.
Becoming A Licensed Optician/Contact Lens Practitioner ASA College Becoming A Licensed Optician/Contact Lens Practitioner