Pathways to Success with Assemblymember Walter Mosley Assemblymember Walter Mosley, a former standout collegiate athlete himself, will be giving a speech, “Student-Athletes: Pathways to Success,” at the Brooklyn campus, on Thursday, 11/21, at 6:00pm, in Room P-102 (383 Pearl Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201). Mr. Mosley was first elected in 2012 to represent the 57th Assembly District which includes the communities of Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Prospect Heights, and parts of Bedford Stuyvesant and Crown Heights.
News & Events
On April 15, 2015, Dr. Edward Kufuor, the Chairperson of the Division of Business was invited to join a a discussion about “Global Public Private Partnership (PPP) Initiatives in Post 2015: Financing for Development Projects” with delegates consisting of leaders from many countries, dignitaries from the United Nations, executives from investment banks, private and public sector companies and international experts The conference was sponsored by the Permanent Mission of People’s Republic of Bangladesh to the United Nations, New York in collaboration with Global NRB USA Inc. and FICS USA Inc. The conference took place at The United Nations Headquarters, New York. Some of the notables who attended are:
- Mr. Abul Maal A Muhith, Minister, Ministry of Finance Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
- President Sam Kutesa, the President of the General Assembly, the United Nations
- Dr. Mahbubul Joarder, Chairman, Global NRB USA Inc., USA, and FICS USA Inc., USA.
- Mr. Tafazzul Karim, President Global NRB Inc., USA, President, FICS USA Inc., USA
- H. E. Mr. Oh Joon, ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Republic of Korea to the UN
- H.E. Dr. A. K. Abdul Momen, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the UN
- Mr. Shahriar Bin Muskhles (Lin), COO, Radio Dhol, Bangladesh
- Dr. William van der Geest, Chief Development Strategy and Policy Analysis Unit Development Policy and Analysis Division, UN-DESA
- Mr. Monirul Hoque, Vice President Global NRB & Investment Bank
- Mr. Sulaiman Anjanee, Chairman, Industrial Promotion & Development Corp
- Mr. Sanjay Chaubey, Esq., President, Indo-American Law Association, NY
- Mr. O’Conner, Chief of the Policy and Analysis Branch UN-DESA
Dr. Kufuor’s topic of discussion was the “Accounting Standard Issues”. He traced accounting issues since the birth of the modern accounting system in the 15th century to the present. He about the 1933 Act which empowered the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) to regulate the sale and purchase of financial instruments and also authorizing SEC in the regulation of the accounting standards which led to the creation of the Financial Accounting Standard Board and the creation of the Accounting Codifications. He discussed the signing of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 by President George Bush and its impact on investors, corporations, accountants and auditors.
Dr. Kufuor further spoke about the joint meeting in Norwalk in 2002 by the two boards, Financial Accounting Standard Board and the International Accounting Standard, which is well known as the Norwalk Accord. At this meeting, the “boards” decided to jointly develop a high-quality, compatible accounting standards that could be used for both domestic and cross-border financial reporting. He informed the panel about the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which was signed in 2006 and updated in 2008 where the board identified projects that were considered to be most in need of improvement in the near term which is also known as the convergence. The following were the long-term projects that were agreed upon to be improve:
He discussed the impact which these standards will affect the PPP and PFI initiatives.
Peers For Careers Club – Welcome Party The club’s goal is to attract new members by expanding and enhancing the variety of career-related activities on and off-campus. We will strive to cultivate a life-long commitment to professionalism, and stress work ethics as a key to career development. We view the club as an opportunity to create a solid network of peers and a comprehensive support system for active students in their career aspirations. Thursday, 12/14/2019, at 3pm, at the Manhattan...
President’s and Dean’s Lists Rolls of Honor ASA College is proud to host the President’s and Dean’s Lists Rolls of Honor. The President’s List is comprised of ASA students with a GPA of 3.85-4.0. The Dean’s List is comprised of ASA students with a GPA of 3.5-3.84. Both are based upon their academic performance for the Summer 2019 semester. The ceremonies will be held at the Manhattan campus on Wednesday, November 20th and Thursday, November 21st, at 3pm. The honors...