You’re Invited to Celebrate with Us! Friday, October 28th • 3:oopm 1293 Broadway, New York, NY 10001 Manhattan Campus (room 710) Any Questions Contact: President Taylor- Taylorgary@asa.edu Secretary Briana – BrianaBerry@asa.edu
News & Events
FROM THE DEAN
Dr. Marlene Hollick, Division of Health Disciplines
THE FINAL FRONTIER: HOW TO ACE YOUR FINAL EXAMINATIONS
“I will prepare and someday my chance will come.” – Abraham Lincoln
You’ve sacrificed and worked hard all semester, and you’ll soon have the chance to demonstrate all you have learned. Time to aim for the “A” on your final examinations!
Here are some brief tips for Health Disciplines students to better prepare for finals:
- Review for each course your syllabus, notes, hand-outs, eCompanions, and assigned textbook chapters. Your final examinations will be cumulative, meaning they will cover all work since the start of the semester. If you are missing any class notes, get them now. If you need additional practice with lab procedures, go to the Brooklyn or Manhattan clinical labs for assistance.
- Visit one of the ASA College libraries (or the public libraries) and obtain additional books and reference materials related to your courses. For example, if you are studying medical terminology, there are other med term books available that can be used to supplement your studying. Print versions and e-books are available for nearly all health-related subjects.
- Form a study group with your classmates. For those of you who need an extra push, this collaborative method may be enough to get you motivated to study. Let peer-pressure work in your favor!
- Ask your instructors specific questions regarding the materials you have studied. Although instructors are not required to provide exam reviews, they will gladly provide explanations to your questions and help ensure you understand the material.
- Know the exact dates and times of your final examinations. Some courses, such as laboratory courses, have final exams over a two-day period (practical and written portions). Arrive early and do not be absent for any exams. Instructors cannot provide additional examination time, provide make-up exams if you are absent, or give “I” (incomplete) grades other than for approved, valid, and documented legal or medical issues.
The faculty and staff of the Division of Health Disciplines want you to succeed! Additional copies of final examination schedules can be obtained from the Health Disciplines faculty offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions – I can be contacted at email@example.com and Dr. Henry Gomez can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear Graduating class of 2022: We are extremely excited about tomorrow’s graduation. Please arrive on August 26, 2022 by 12:00 noon to the United Palace. All graduates are allowed to go in and sign in by 12:00 noon. Guests will be able to start coming in at 1:00pm. If you have problems with any tickets just go to the box-office, they will assign you a seat. If you have not picked up Cap and Gown you can pick up tomorrow at United...
Dear ASA Graduates and Expected Graduates: We are ready to celebrate and honor your achievements. It’s our pleasure to announce that our 2022 Commencement Ceremony will be held in person on Friday, August 26, 2022! From 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm At the United Palace Theater, located at 4140 Broadway, New York, NY 10033 (off 175th street Broadway) near the A train and 1 train) We will be distributing cap and gown Monday through Friday, at the Manhattan Campus located at 105 West 33rd Street, New York, NY...