You’re Invited to Celebrate with Us! Friday, October 28th • 3:oopm 1293 Broadway, New York, NY 10001 Manhattan Campus (room 710) Any Questions Contact: President Taylor- Taylorgary@asa.edu Secretary Briana – BrianaBerry@asa.edu
News & Events
Ace your Interview with these Tips
If you’re a recent or soon-to-be college graduate, you’re probably excited about finding your first post-college job. You’re looking forward to a new career, but you probably don’t have much experience interviewing for jobs. Not to worry- we’ve got some tips to help you ace your interview and land the job you want.
- Learn as much about the job as possible. At a minimum, study the company’s website. Additionally, do your homework, researching not just the job and the organization but also the industry in general and the competition. Reach out to people you know, and tap into your parents’ network to learn more, and look to business magazines, newspapers, and trade journals for in-depth information.
- Be prepared for common questions. Most interviewers ask similar questions, so plan your answers ahead of time. These questions include: “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” “What’s your greatest accomplishment?” “Talk about a time you failed and how you handled it.” “Why do you want this job?” Rehearse your answers so much that they become almost automatic. Make sure that your answers show how you’d be a boon to the company.
- Rehearse a few anecdotes. Having some stories from your resume that relate to the job you’re seeking can demonstrate your capabilities. Describe a situation in which you encountered a problem, explain how you improved the situation and the results.
- Have some questions of your own. Prepare some questions ahead of time that demonstrate your knowledge of the company, the industry, and the job you want. Be specific about things happening in the company.
- Be prepared to explain why they should hire you. Using vocabulary that references the job description, answer questions in a way that shows how you will add value to the company. While being tactful, indicate what they’d gain by hiring you.
- Dress and behave professionally. Be clean, neat, and well-mannered, and speak properly. Demonstrate confidence and enthusiasm, while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Practice ahead of time. Practice your interview out loud, preferably with a friend or mentor who can offer feedback.
- Leave on a positive note. Be enthusiastic and positive, and thank your interviewer for the opportunity. Even if you feel anxious or don’t think it went well, keep smiling and show confidence.
- Remember to follow up. You can send a thank you note to your interviewer via email, but for a more impressive gesture, go for a hand-written thank you note.
At ASA College, we want to help our students succeed. That’s why we offer our students job placement assistance, including career counseling, resume preparations and review, career related workshops and events, mock interviews, and more. Our mission is to prepare our diverse student population for the challenges of today’s competitive job market. At ASA, you’ll find high-quality degree and certificate programs that respond to the needs of students and employers in a global economy, all based in a student-centered environment. Call us at 866-515-7188 or contact us for more information.
Dear Graduating class of 2022: We are extremely excited about tomorrow’s graduation. Please arrive on August 26, 2022 by 12:00 noon to the United Palace. All graduates are allowed to go in and sign in by 12:00 noon. Guests will be able to start coming in at 1:00pm. If you have problems with any tickets just go to the box-office, they will assign you a seat. If you have not picked up Cap and Gown you can pick up tomorrow at United...
Dear ASA Graduates and Expected Graduates: We are ready to celebrate and honor your achievements. It’s our pleasure to announce that our 2022 Commencement Ceremony will be held in person on Friday, August 26, 2022! From 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm At the United Palace Theater, located at 4140 Broadway, New York, NY 10033 (off 175th street Broadway) near the A train and 1 train) We will be distributing cap and gown Monday through Friday, at the Manhattan Campus located at 105 West 33rd Street, New York, NY...