Network Administration and Security
The Network Administration and Security program prepares students to troubleshoot computers, build networks, analyze, design, and implement upgrades on popular network operating systems. The program also helps prepare students for various certification exams in the computer field. Coursework includes installation, configuration, design and implementation in real-world environments.
Graduates will be prepared to provide system administration support for network computer systems. They will also be able to develop, maintain, and secure local and wide area networks. Through hands-on training with Microsoft servers and Cisco routers and switches graduates will able to internetwork small to medium-sized companies.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates should be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Install, conﬁgure and maintain computer systems including hardware, peripherals, and commonly used application software and operating systems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software or other network and system problems, and replace components if necessary.
- Design, install, conﬁgure and maintain corporate network systems.
- Monitor network performance and make adjustments when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
- Perform backups and disaster recovery.
Network and Security Administrators earn great salaries connecting business computers together and securing them. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics occupational employment projections, Network and Computer Systems Administrators is a fast-growing occupation and the demand should grow by 28% from 2010 to 2020.
Focused training in Network Administration and System Security may lead to higher roles in IT industries to combat growing security threats.
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT NETWORK ADMINISTRATION & SECURITY DEGREE PROGRAM
By clicking send me info, I consent to receive email, autodialed and/or prerecorded calls and text messages at the phone number or email provided above from or on behalf of ASA College regarding educational programs. (Consent is not a condition of enrollment.)