Library Policy & Guidelines
The ASA Library may be used by currently registered ASA students, faculty and staff. Students, faculty and staff must show a valid ASA College identification (ID) card upon entering the Library.
Food, beverages, children, smoking and loud noise are not permitted in the Library.
After a student has graduated, the ASA Institute Library may be used for consultation, but there are no borrowing privileges.
There are no long-term or indefinite loans of Library materials to students, faculty or staff.
- Circulating Books: 14 days with a limit of three (3) items borrowed at any given time
- Periodicals: Used in Library. Do Not Circulate
- Reference Books: Used in Library. Do Not Circulate
- Reserve Textbooks: Used in Library. Do Not Circulate
Course Textbooks and Reserve Materials:
Certain high-demand Library materials, including copies of course textbooks, are placed on reserve by faculty for the use of their students. Reserve materials may be used only in the Library. An ID must be shown to use these materials in the Library.
All circulating Library materials may be renewed. Two renewals are permitted — a maximum of 6 weeks total — if no one else has requested the material.
No further loans will be made to students, faculty or staff with overdue Library materials.
- Overdue fines for regular loans: 25¢ per day/$12.50 maximum overdue fine
- Bills for unreturned/lost material: Replacement cost plus overdue fine
- Students with unreturned materials, unpaid overdue fines, or unpaid replacement bills will not receive their certificates, diplomas, or degrees until their Library record is cleared.
- Faculty and staff are also responsible for the payment of overdue fines and replacement costs for unreturned or lost Library materials.