Faculty Job Fair
Academic Divisions Conducting Interviews:
- Division of Arts & Sciences
- Division of Business
- Division of Engineering & Technology
- Division of Legal Studies
- Division of Health Disciplines
- Division of Nursing
- Language Studies -ESL
Date: Friday, January 10th, 2020
Time: 11 am to 4 pm
Address: 105 West 33rd Street, New York, NY 10001
What to Bring: Copies of Academic Transcripts and several copies of resume
Position: Faculty (various subjects)
Job Type: Full-Time / Part-Time
Campus Locations: Manhattan and Brooklyn
Reports to: Academic Chairs, Academic Dean, Campus Dean, Provost and the President.
Summary: Faculty members are responsible for assisting the College administration and staff in carrying out the college’s mission to provide high-quality career-oriented degree and certificate programs which respond to the needs of both students and employers.
- Meeting all assigned classes on time as scheduled
- Teaching class Interactively and according to the highest professional standards
- Being available to students on a regular basis for academic counseling each counseling session
- Providing a supportive classroom environment and treating all students fairly and impartially
- Actively monitoring each student’s progress and taking timely action as counseling, arranging for tutoring, or referral to the Academic Chairs for any student who is in danger of failing the course
- Maintaining current accurate attendance for each student or student advisor and submitting the completed attendance roster on a timely basis
- Providing timely feedback to student advisors regarding excessive student absenteeism (3 consecutive days)
- Giving students a clear, accurate idea of what will be expected regarding class participation; quizzes and test; projects; and homework assignments for each course
- Planning an annual professional growth agenda with the academic chair and accomplishing all the items during the year
- Attending mandatory faculty meetings and any additional departmental meetings where attendance is requested by Academic Administration
- Adhering to the course curriculum as approved by the Curriculum Review & Development Committees
- Adhering to the policies and procedures specified in faculty handbook
- Participating in discussions with the college administration regarding the improvement, updating, and enriching of current programs of study and designing and implementing strategies to improve student retention
- Working with college administration in researching, planning and establishing new curricula that meet market needs
- Maintaining professional competence and keeping knowledge current through continuous reading and research
- Being available to serve on committees for assessment activities
- Submitting grade rosters and all records of student counseling activities forty-eight hours after the last day of each reminder
|PROGRAM||SUBJECT AREAS NEEDED||REQUIREMENTS|
|Minimum a Juris Doctor (JD) Degree, or Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice —|
Teaching experience at college level preferred; proficiency with academic technologies including learning management systems, proficiency with Windows PC applications (including MS Office). Knowledge of Blackboard is a plus
|Medical Assisting||Minimum Master’s Degree in Health Sciences or related field required. CMA/RMA preferred.|
Proficiency with academic technologies including Learning Management Systems. Knowledge of Blackboard is a plus.
|Pharmacy Technology||Minimum Master’s Degree in Pharmacology or related field required. PTCB certification or active licensed NYS Registered Pharmacist required.|
College teaching experience preferred, employment experience in a retail or clinical pharmacy setting required. Knowledge of Blackboard is a plus.
|Health Information Technology||Minimum Master’s Degree in Health Information Technology, Heath Informatics or related field required. RHIA/RHIT preferred; CCA/CCS a plus.|
College teaching experience preferred, employment experience in a medical records/health information environment required, and knowledge of electronic health records required.
|Healthcare Office Administration|
|Minimum Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration or related field required|
College teaching experience preferred, employment experience in a medical office required, knowledge of electronic health records required, proficiency with academic technologies including Learning Management Systems, proficiency with Windows PC applications (including Word & Excel). Knowledge of Blackboard a plus
|Massage Therapy||Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Health-related field, Master’s Preferred. Current NYS Massage Therapy license required.|
College teaching experience preferred, employment in a clinical or hospitality setting required.
|Art & Sciences/ English/Math/ Speech in Communication|
|A Master’s Degree in English, Masters in Math or related fields a must; Candidates with a PhD in English/Math or related fields a big advantage|
Teaching experience at college level required; proficiency with academic technologies including learning management systems preferred.
|Minimum Master’s degree in area of specialization or related field in addition to 2-3 years of teaching experience. Doctor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of QuickBooks and Blackboard is a plus.|
|Nursing Instructors||Minimum Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) Required, Doctorate preferred, active NYS Nursing license (R.N.) required|
College teaching experience in RN program preferred. Experience in the healthcare setting Required.
|Nursing Clinical Preceptors||Clinical preceptorship experience preferred. Experience health care setting required. Ability to work afternoons, evenings, occasional weekends, and on clinical sites preferred.||Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) Required. Masters preferred, active NYS Nursing license (R.N.) required|
|Computer Networking/ Programming|
|Language Studies- ESL||MA in TESOL or Applied Linguistics.|
Teaching experience required. Adult education experience is a plus. Proficiency with academic technologies including learning management systems preferred.
|Master’s Degree preferred, active NYS license in Ophthalmic Dispensing and NYS Contact Lens certification. ABO, NCLE certified.|
College teaching experience preferred.