ASA College President
The Board of Trustees of ASA College is looking for candidates to fill the position of the President of the College.
The President of the College is the chief executive, administrative, and education officer of the College and derives authority from, and is responsible to, the ASA College Board of Trustees. The President’s primary responsibility is to provide vision for the College and continuous leadership and direction for the planning and operation of all aspects of the College’s programs and services in conformity with Board policies, Middle States Commission on Higher Education Standards of Accreditation and Requirements of Affiliation, USDE rules and regulations, and New York and Florida State laws. More specifically, the President is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a progressive and community-responsive College philosophy, including a comprehensive strategic plan that details the institutional mission, vision, goals and objectives, priorities, and resources for the current and long-range needs of the region.
- Developing, maintaining, and evaluating the academic programs and student services of the College and creating a climate that enhances student learning, stimulates creative approaches to teaching and learning, and motivates staff, faculty, and students to optimum achievement.
- Developing and maintaining an appropriate administrative organization to ensure effective and efficient management of the College and its resources.
- Recommending policies for Board action, and implementing those policies adopted by the Board.
- Developing and maintaining a personnel operation that includes the recruitment, selection, development, compensation, evaluation, and continuation of all College staff and faculty.
- Preparing, recommending, and administrating the annual operating and capital budgets as approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintaining and making efficient use of existing institutional resources and creating new resources.
- Providing for effective internal and external communications, including keeping the Board informed, being the College’s chief spokesperson, and representing the College to the general public.
- Providing for the preparation and submission of all reports required by local, state, and national agencies.
- Representing and actively participating in appropriate local, state, and national efforts to promote the interests of the College.
- Managing the operational affairs of the Board of Trustees, including being its professional advisor by analyzing implications of proposed actions and making recommendations, handling agendas, minutes, policies, and other necessary records.
- Representing the College interests as a member of the Higher Education Community in New York and Florida.
- Delegating to appropriate staff, faculty, and committees, powers and duties listed above as the President deems appropriate for the administration of the College;
- Exercising the discretionary power necessary to ensure the continuous efficient operation of the College, and deciding all other administrative matters not outlined above and for which no specific provision has been made in the law or by Board policies; and
- Performing any other duties assigned or delegated by the Board of Trustees.
Applications are due January 31, 2022. Candidates must submit a cover letter describing background and abilities to meet the criteria set forth in the job posting. Application materials must also include a resume and three references and should be sent to:
ASA College, Human Resources Department
ASA College is an equal opportunity institution and employer.
Vice President/Executive Vice President for Accreditation and Compliance
ASA College invites applications and nominations for the position of a Vice President/Executive Vice President for Accreditation and Compliance.
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the College is currently on a probation status.
ASA College seeks a candidate who has the ability, commitment, and vision to continue the College’s commitment to serving a diverse and historically underrepresented student population and who has a clear vision of helping the College to maintain its accreditation with different regulatory agencies.
The Vice President for Accreditation and Compliance leads the accreditation activities of the College. Interfacing with key constituencies across the institution, the Vice President for Accreditation and Compliance directs efforts to maintain continuous compliance with standards and regulations and guides the development of related policies, procedures, and trainings. The position reports to the President and serves as an integral member of the leadership team.
Major responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains knowledge of Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) standards for accreditation, requirements of affiliation, policies, procedures, guidelines, and applicable federal regulatory requirements.
- Monitors institutional compliance with MSCHE, as well as compliance with state and federal agencies, including New York State Department of Education (NYSED), Florida State Department of Education (FLDOE) and US Department of Education (USDE).
- Develops required reports, submissions, and proposals related to accreditation and regulatory affairs (in collaboration with institutional leaders).
- Delivers accreditation- and regulatory-related trainings and education across all levels of the organization.
- Works directly with the Board of Trustees and institutional leadership to ensure compliance and efficiency in governance-related policies and practices.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Candidates must possess a minimum of Master’s degree and have 5 years of relevant experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASA College is an equal opportunity institution and employer.
of Nursing will join a dynamic team of individuals dedicated to ensuring the success of their students. The Dean assumes responsibility for the entire nursing program. Duties include overseeing the program curricula; scheduling and staffing classes; hiring, training, mentoring, and evaluating program instructors; academic advising and career related counseling for students; monitoring student retention and identifying and assist at-risk students.
To apply, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to Ksenia Kasimova, VP of Operations at email@example.com
- MSN in Nursing or Nursing Education. Working toward terminal degree preferred.
- Must be a registered nurse who has background in education and the professional experience necessary to understand and fulfill the program goals
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years administrative, instructional, and professional experiences in clinical practice as a registered nurse
- Supervisory experience required
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Overall job duties and responsibilities:
- Adhere to professional standards, and regulatory requirements
- Monitor and evaluate track resources and contribute to development of budget
- Foster identification and development of track policies/procedures and assist with development of college policies/procedures
- Participate in college committees including, hosting the Program Advisory Board, and others as needed
- Participate in track marketing plan and marketing materials development
- Assist with development of articulation agreements
Student related duties:
- Review transcripts of all applicants, document and communicate disposition to Admissions and registrar
- Consult with registrar regarding transcripts, student issues, identification of pending graduates
- Serve as an advisor to develop plans of study, success plans, and student issues as needed
Faculty related duties:
- Interview, hire, orient, mentor, and evaluate adjunct faculty
- Train adjunct faculty in College applications, as needed
- Foster ongoing professional development and educational needs of faculty/adjuncts
- Maintain records of faculty transcripts and credentials
- Teach classes, as required by workload
Curriculum related duties:
- Coordinate and conduct the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of curriculum
- Maintain and update syllabi, course descriptions, course reports, curriculum maps, assessment documents, and rubrics
Quality and Assessment related duties:
- Participate in activities as required for program registration, including, but not limited to: compliance, student/teacher ratios, development and maintenance of functional unit indicators and reports, curriculum maps, assessment documents, rubrics, and others
- Manage the student preparation, registration, and processing of candidates sitting for the NCLEX exam, also known as the National Council Licensure Examination
- Collect, analyze, evaluate and act on data, including, but not limited to; outcomes, graduation rates, retention/persistence, attrition, demographics, student satisfaction and others
- Participate in strategic planning, outcomes assessment, and student evaluation
Position Summary: The Instructor of Nursing is responsible for the instruction of nursing students in the didactic, skills lab, and clinical areas. Providing a quality education for program students and performing instructional-related duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, policies and procedures of the college and the nursing program; serving as a teacher, mentor and facilitator of learning.
Duties and Responsibilities: Within the scope of college policies and procedures, this position:
Teaches assigned nursing courses and maintains written instructional standards; facilitates instruction using alternative delivery methods as needed; informs students in writing of instructional standards; posts and maintains office hours; participates in the assessment of student learning outcomes; establishes, maintains and submits accurate student and instructional records in a timely manner
Develops new courses, curriculum, instructional materials, and evaluation tools; reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, and course procedure sheets for Nursing courses; assists with the preparation of course proposals, curriculum updates and the construction of degree/certificate programs
Applies and maintains standards of quality operating methods, processes, systems, and procedures; implements changes as necessary to maintain a successful Nursing program; integrates knowledge of industry trends and professional training to continuously improve program quality
Participates in Nursing course scheduling, department, division and college meetings; participates in on-going maintenance for the Systematic Evaluation Plan (SEP) for ACEN accreditation serves on college committees as assigned
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Nursing Education from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
- Current NYS Registered Nurse Licensure
- Three years’ teaching experience in nursing education, preferably in a college setting
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in providing skills training and individual or small group tutoring