Career Advisor/Job Developer
Under the direction of the VP of Career Services and Alumni Development, assist students and graduates with their transition to employment, assessing needs and ensuring that positive employment outcomes are achieved.
Work with a dynamic multicultural student and alumni population at a college dedicated to providing solid education and gainful employment.
- Develop and maintain a current job bank of employment opportunities for graduates.
- Assess students/graduates regarding their present level of vocational skills and employment history and assist them in understanding various career options base on their long-term career goals.
- Provide in-house students and graduates with vocational counseling, assess their placement potential, and prepare them for interviews.
- Conduct one-on-one mentoring sessions and post-placement follow-ups for graduates who have been placed.
- Assist in conducting job search workshops to teach graduates various techniques on how to secure employment.
- Conduct real life simulated mock interviews.
- Develop and maintain connections with various external support services.
- Assist in the planning and organization of career fairs to assist graduates and students in obtaining employment.
- Communicate with counselors, alumni and hiring managers on an ongoing basis to monitor evolving employment progress and needs.
- Maximize placement opportunities for all graduates, by suggesting additional courses, skills/knowledge to be added to the educational program of study.
- Assist in the development of an Advisory Board and Annual Job Fairs.
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ year placement and employment counseling experience required
- Strong interest in career services and student development in higher education
- MUST have a current well maintained Job Bank
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent resume, cover letter, portfolio development writing experience a must
- Ability to positively contribute to a team that values empowerment, integrity, character, and relationships
Campus Location: Manhattan Campus
Job Type: Full-time