Healthcare Office Administration (AOS)
Associate of Occupational Studies Degree Program
Healthcare Office Administration Program Overview
The Healthcare Office Administration degree program offers a comprehensive learning curriculum, emphasizing administrative and high-level technical skills to meet the demands of the rapidly changing health care industry.
Students learn to perform essential clerical and organizational tasks within a healthcare facility. Course offerings include transcription, billing and coding, medical records management, and reimbursement methodologies. Discussion of ethical, legislative, and regulatory issues relative to the day-to-day operations of a health care facility is also included in this up-to-date, real-world curriculum. An essential element of the program is learning to use computers and a variety of software applications. Students also acquire the basics in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, financial administration, business communications, and psychology.
Healthcare Office Administration Program Learning Options
If you are considering a degree in Healthcare Office Administration, ASA College has an option that will work for you!
On-Campus: First, attend classes on campus, in a traditional fashion. You can choose from either our campus located in Manhattan or the one in Brooklyn.
Online: Do you value schedule flexibility over live instruction from a teacher? You can earn your degree from ASA in Healthcare Office Administration fully online, in a way that is best suited for your schedule.
Remote: Looking for the best of both worlds? A remote option combines the live instruction from an accredited teacher, along with the flexibility of logging into class from your computer. You’ll still need to attend class on a specific day and time, but you can enjoy instruction from your professor from anywhere with a good internet connection — even out of the country, as long as you can make it to the campus once per semester.
Sign up now to learn more.
Healthcare Office Administration Program Goals
Upon successful completion of the program, a graduate should possess the competencies and knowledge required to function successfully as an entry-level healthcare administrator by demonstrating the ability to:
- Produce professional-quality medical documents with a variety of computer software tools (word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation).
- Code clinical data and prepare medical insurance claims for reimbursement purposes; Meet the challenging role of the administrative medical professional by applying knowledge of technological changes in an increasingly global economy and diverse workplace
- Apply ethical and legal principles and standards for the control, release and use of health information.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with others in supportive and leadership roles, both orally and in writing.
- Successfully pass the industry certification exam.
- The Healthcare Office Administration degree program requires the successful completion of 61 semester credits hours for graduation as shown in the column on this page and the previous page.
Healthcare Office Administration Career Outlook
Graduates can find employment in positions such as administrative assistant, executive assistant, medical office assistant, records management supervisor, medical transcriptionist, and medical coding and billing professionals that are found in medical offices, hospitals, clinics, home health agencies, and insurance companies.
Also Consider These Associate Degree Programs
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HEALT OFFICE ADMINISTRATION DEGREE PROGRAM
By clicking submit, I consent to receive email, autodialed and/or prerecorded calls and text messages at the phone number or email provided above from or on behalf of ASA College regarding educational programs. (Consent is not a condition of enrollment.)