What is Federal Work Study program?
FWS Program is an opportunity for students to learn in a work environment as they prepare for their career after graduation from ASA College. As a FWS student, the student is a representative of ASA College and is expected to behave as an example for other students. All codes of conduct listed in the ASA College Student Handbook and the regulations set forth by the ASA College FWS program. The student is eligible to work maximum of 20 hours per week, as agreed with the supervisor, and not at any time that you are registered for class. The student will be eligible to work during semester breaks on a need base situation.
Benefits of Joining Federal Work Study Program
- Paid Position
- Providing Student Support Services
- Leadership Development Opportunities
- Skill Building & Networking
- Convenience of work location
- Resume ane Reference building
- On or Off-campus Locations
- Build transferable skills while working
- Serve as Representative of the College
Who is eligible for ASA’s work study program?
To be eligible for federal work study at ASA College, you must meet the following three requirements*
- Must be enrolled in a full-time or part-time program
- You must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You must have earned 6 credits or more and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and higher for ON-CAMPUS sites or cumulative GPA of 3.0 and higher for OFF-CAMPUS sites
If you meet these requirements, please complete the pre-qualification form below.
*These 3 requirements will only pre-qualify you for work-study. The Financial Aid Department will review your application and determine your eligibility.