ASA BUSINESS CLUB
The ASA Business Club was formed in 2011 to cater to the academic and socioeconomic needs of students at ASA College. Membership is extended to all students enrolled in Business and other Programs.
The main objective of this club is to orient students to the practical aspects of business management. It is aimed at enhancing students’ understanding of the business management topics introduced in the classroom settings.
The club’s activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Trips to the United States Federal Reserve in New York
- Visits to major departmental stores and manufacturing firms located in the City of New York and its environment
- Visits to the Museum of American Finance in the City of New York
- Participation in the New York City Meals on Wheels Program
- Organization of Fundraising Events
- Participation in Aids and Breast Cancer Walk, among others
- Contribution to Relief Programs
- Invitation of speakers from the banking and business communities
- Students would have the opportunity to observe, pose questions, and understand the variations and similarities in the day-to-day operations, and management of the foregoing establishments.
Reasons to Join!
Research shows that students who are involved in extracurricular activities demonstrate sound problem-solving skills, resolve conflict in a healthy manner, learn time management techniques, work well as part of a team, and develop organizational skills. Involved students also report higher levelsof satisfaction with their college experience. See below for more benefits of
getting involved in a club ororganization.
Develop Valuable Leadership Skills
Assume a leadership position in an organization and learnlifelong skills such as effective communication, teamwork, goal setting, andmore.
Form Lifelong Friendships
Meet other ASA students with common interests through variousclubs and organizations and make memories that you will treasure long after youleave ASA.
Mr. Ebenezer Ashley, Club Founder
Ms. Carol Alexander, Business Professor
Ms. Cynthia Morrison, Math Professor
Mr. John Kung, Math Professor
Business Club President
Business Club Vice President
Weekly Meeting Days and Time
Thursdays from 12:00-12:45pm