Business Administration (AAS)
Associate in Applied Science Degree Program
Our Business Administration Associate Degree Program prepares graduates to begin or advance their careers in the business world. The program typically provides students with a comprehensive understanding of management principles, business-oriented technology and interpersonal skills. This program also offers concentrations in specific areas of business, such as accounting, sports management, hospitality management, and social media.
ASA’s Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Administration combines theory with extensive computer applications. The curriculum integrates courses in the humanities, office technology, and complementing electives. Faculty provide students with intensive course work that simulates the typical work environment.
Upon successful completion of the program, a graduate should be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and achievements:
- Apply key business and management concepts in a real-world context and apply critical-thinking skills to the managerial decision-making process.
- Employ industry-standard accounting software, tax software, prepare accurate financial statements, report key data, as well as prepare both individual and business tax documents.
- Use interpretive and analytic skills to identify problems and create reports with respect to commonly used financial statements.
- Evaluate ethical, social, civic and cultural issues in the context of business and accounting practice.
- Apply effective team-management and leadership skills in diverse and dynamic workplaces.
- Apply knowledge of business practices and technical skills that supports and facilitates lifelong professional development.
Career Outlook and Opportunities
Students who minor in Accounting, develop competencies in a variety of software that are critical to the practice of accounting and business management; i.e. QuickBooks, TurboTax and others. The accounting courses are offered in a pattern that proceeds from the simple to complex. Graduates with concentration in Accounting might find jobs as staff accountants, junior accountants, payroll accounting, bookkeepers, accounting clerks and loan processors.
Digital Media Marketing Concentration
Digital Media Marketing concentration is designed to introduce students to the world of multi-channel marketing. It provides students with advanced technical skills and basic marketing knowledge they need to identify, engage, and develop successful relationships with customers in today’s digital environment. Employment in the field of marketing as a social media specialist, social media coordinator, marketing assistant & communication specialist and marketing specialist are career options.
Fashion Design and Merchandising Concentration
Fashion Design and Merchandising concentration combines both creative and analytical thinking and prepares students to promote product lines/brands, and organize promotional campaigns, wholesale level to attract retailer interest, wholesale purchasing, and supply contracts. Graduates from this minor may find employment in retail, sales, purchasing and wholesale.
Sports Management Minor
Students who minor in Sports Management have a wide choice of career objectives in sports management and which prepares them for employment in entry-level positions as coaches, empires, athletic administrator, facility and event manager, sports promoter, and related field.
Hospitality Management Minor
Graduates who minor in Hospitality Management acquire specialized training in this field. Graduates are prepared for entry-level positions in settings such as hotels, food and beverage industry, travel and tourism, casinos, resorts and spa services, and entertainment and sports venues.
Social Media Management Minor
Graduates who minor in Social Media Management, will master social media communication principles and platforms and be able to apply strategies and tactics to real projects. They will also be able to implement an effective and comprehensive social media campaign and develop a professional portfolio to demonstrate newly acquired expertise.
Also Consider These Associate Degree Programs
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEGREE PROGRAM
By clicking submit, I consent to receive email, autodialed and/or prerecorded calls and text messages at the phone number or email provided above from or on behalf of ASA College regarding educational programs. (Consent is not a condition of enrollment.)
¹Effective Monday, April 13th, the following guidelines apply to student laptop distribution at all ASA Campuses for the Summer 2020 semester only:
- Full-time and part-time active students are eligible to receive a free laptop if they register for the Summer 2020 semester.*
- This extends to students in all programs including those enrolled in ESL, as well as international students.**