Office Technology & Administration Certificate
In today's business world, technology is indispensable to the operation of every modern business enterprise. Office technology personnel prepare and analyze documents for individuals, corporations, state and federal government agencies, not-for-profit companies, and other organization's economic position so future plans can be developed. Managers rely on information to make reasoned decisions.
The certificate program in the office technology and administration solidifies the prospect transition into degree program that is similarly configured. The augmenting coursework in the office-administration track provides foundation courses for transfer into other business-related concentrations-accounting, management of information systems.
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ASA COLLEGE'S BUSINESS PROGRAMS
Upon successful completion of the program, a graduate should be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and achievements:
- Employ industry-standard accounting software packages to prepare accurate ﬁnancial statements, report key data, and prepare both individual and business tax documents; use interpretive and analytic skills to identify problems, create reports, with respect to commonly used basic ﬁnancial statements.
- Utilize active listening skills to accurately condense and record verbal information and instructions.
- Apply standard records management procedures when establishing and maintaining systems to classify, organize, store, and retrieve hard copy and electronic ﬁles.
- Select, apply, and adapt computer software tools (word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation) to business related tasks.
- Evaluate ethical, social, civic, and cultural issues in the context of business and accounting practice; transfer to an associate degree program with little to no further academic preparation.
Graduates of this program will be qualified to provide support to senior staff within an office setting as research assistants, bookeeping assistants, secretaries, data entry clerks, etc.
Click here to learn more about ASA College's Programs and download our student brochure!