|Home > News|
FROM THE DEAN
Dr. Marlene Hollick, Division of Health Disciplines
THE FINAL FRONTIER: HOW TO ACE YOUR FINAL EXAMINATIONS
“I will prepare and someday my chance will come.” – Abraham Lincoln
You’ve sacrificed and worked hard all semester, and you’ll soon have the chance to demonstrate all you have learned. Time to aim for the “A” on your final examinations!
Here are some brief tips for Health Disciplines students to better prepare for finals:
- Review for each course your syllabus, notes, hand-outs, eCompanions, and assigned textbook chapters. Your final examinations will be cumulative, meaning they will cover all work since the start of the semester. If you are missing any class notes, get them now. If you need additional practice with lab procedures, go to the Brooklyn or Manhattan clinical labs for assistance.
- Visit one of the ASA College libraries (or the public libraries) and obtain additional books and reference materials related to your courses. For example, if you are studying medical terminology, there are other med term books available that can be used to supplement your studying. Print versions and e-books are available for nearly all health-related subjects.
- Form a study group with your classmates. For those of you who need an extra push, this collaborative method may be enough to get you motivated to study. Let peer-pressure work in your favor!
- Ask your instructors specific questions regarding the materials you have studied. Although instructors are not required to provide exam reviews, they will gladly provide explanations to your questions and help ensure you understand the material.
- Know the exact dates and times of your final examinations. Some courses, such as laboratory courses, have final exams over a two-day period (practical and written portions). Arrive early and do not be absent for any exams. Instructors cannot provide additional examination time, provide make-up exams if you are absent, or give “I” (incomplete) grades other than for approved, valid, and documented legal or medical issues.
The faculty and staff of the Division of Health Disciplines want you to succeed! Additional copies of final examination schedules can be obtained from the Health Disciplines faculty offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions - I can be contacted at email@example.com and Dr. Henry Gomez can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notice Regarding Online Privacy and Security
ASA College is committed to respecting your privacy. You can visit official ASA College websites without revealing any personal information. Should you choose to provide us with any personal information, you can be assured that it will only be used by ASA to conduct official school business and personal information will never be disseminated to any unaffiliated third party.
Personally Identifiable Information
This site's registration form requires you to provide your full name, address, email address, password, gender, city, state, country and zip code. You may also choose to provide optional details, such as maiden name, nick name, birthday, occupation, company, spouse's name, photos, or personal comments. You may update any of this information at any time by accessing your profile by clicking the "edit account information" link, or equivalent, in the navigation menu. You may opt out of receiving email communications from this community (see the "Email Subscription/Opt-Out" section below).
Use of Information
While aggregate statistical reports may be generated based on Web usage, no personally identifiable information will ever be disseminated to any unaffiliated third party. Any personally identifiable information collected is for the purposes of official College business only.
All official ASA College host servers have appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure all information we collect online. Furthermore, we use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Encryption scrambles private information so that no outside parties can read or interpret it.
Email Subscription Opt-Out
The site provides you with the opportunity to choose to receive email communications about this site and the groups you are registered with, as well as emails from other members. In all email communications that you receive from this community, except for confirmation emails for event registrations, purchases, donations or other payments, you will be provided and unsubscribe option where you can opt out of the particular type of email communication. You can also modify the emails that you receive at any time by going to your account profile and changing your opt-in status there.
Third Party Sites
Sites within www.asa.edu or www.asacollegeavengers.com may link to external sites outside of these domains as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave our website. ASA College is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of outside websites, and does not make any representations about them.
ASA College has the right to make changes or additions to this policy at any time. If those changes involve using your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time you joined, the site will notify you by email. Changes that do not affect use of personally identifiable information will be posted to the site. If you have questions regarding this policy, please check this policy periodically. Please address any questions or comments regarding this policy to email@example.com