|Home > News|
FROM THE DEAN
Dr. Marlene Hollick, Dean, Division of Health Disciplines
Midterms are Over…What Should I Do Next?
“In the long run, men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, they had better aim at something high.” – Henry David Thoreau
Congratulations on passing the halfway mark of the Fall 2012 semester!
Even for those of you who have consistently earned high scores on your midpoint evaluations, now is not the time to relax. Instead, to help improve your likelihood of success throughout the entire semester (and beyond), keep these time management factors in mind:
- Begin to plan now for final examinations. Your final exams in health courses will be cumulative, so you’ll need to continue to study work from the first part of the semester as well as content learned after the midterm.
- If you are in your last semester, begin to plan your study strategies for professional licensing/registration/certification examinations as applicable to your program of study. For example, medical assisting graduates will need solid preparation for the CMA exam. Likewise, pharmacy tech graduates will benefit from reviews for the PTCBs.
- For lab courses, complete all your required lab procedures early. Make sure you have fulfilled requirements for the minimum number of procedures with adequate time to complete each step properly. Rushing at the end of the semester will not help your career nor enhance your coursework knowledge. Your externship supervisor and coworkers/employer will be able to immediately tell, when you perform phlebotomies and ECGs, if you know what you are doing!
- Complete and submit your written reports prior to due dates. Many instructors will not accept late work, and others will issue penalties for failure to submit work on time. Early submission of your term papers and projects will help avoid unnecessary grade reductions and may also provide ample time to study for final exams.
- If available, utilize your course’s eCompanions for additional study resources. If you are presently enrolled in first-semester health courses such as medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, or the fourth-semester microbiology, you presently have 24/7 online access to your courses’ electronic companions. These resources include presentations, practice test questions, videos, and audio clips.
- Make use of the College’s learning centers. If you are running below a grade of “B” in any of your courses, be sure to make use of the tutoring services provided by the Brooklyn and Manhattan learning centers. Ask your instructor to set up an appointment. When final exams roll around you’ll be glad you did.
- If you are a continuing student, come in now to register for the Spring 2013 semester. The schedules have been printed, the faculty are in the process of being assigned, and the staff of the Registrar’s Offices are waiting to see you. Avoid the last minute rush – come in now to get the best possible class schedule!
Midterms are only the halfway mark, the right preparation and solid work will get you across the finish line!
Important Notice Regarding Online Privacy and Security
ASA College is committed to respecting your privacy. You can visit official ASA College websites without revealing any personal information. Should you choose to provide us with any personal information, you can be assured that it will only be used by ASA to conduct official school business and personal information will never be disseminated to any unaffiliated third party.
Personally Identifiable Information
This site's registration form requires you to provide your full name, address, email address, password, gender, city, state, country and zip code. You may also choose to provide optional details, such as maiden name, nick name, birthday, occupation, company, spouse's name, photos, or personal comments. You may update any of this information at any time by accessing your profile by clicking the "edit account information" link, or equivalent, in the navigation menu. You may opt out of receiving email communications from this community (see the "Email Subscription/Opt-Out" section below).
Use of Information
While aggregate statistical reports may be generated based on Web usage, no personally identifiable information will ever be disseminated to any unaffiliated third party. Any personally identifiable information collected is for the purposes of official College business only.
All official ASA College host servers have appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure all information we collect online. Furthermore, we use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Encryption scrambles private information so that no outside parties can read or interpret it.
Email Subscription Opt-Out
The site provides you with the opportunity to choose to receive email communications about this site and the groups you are registered with, as well as emails from other members. In all email communications that you receive from this community, except for confirmation emails for event registrations, purchases, donations or other payments, you will be provided and unsubscribe option where you can opt out of the particular type of email communication. You can also modify the emails that you receive at any time by going to your account profile and changing your opt-in status there.
Third Party Sites
Sites within www.asa.edu or www.asacollegeavengers.com may link to external sites outside of these domains as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave our website. ASA College is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of outside websites, and does not make any representations about them.
ASA College has the right to make changes or additions to this policy at any time. If those changes involve using your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time you joined, the site will notify you by email. Changes that do not affect use of personally identifiable information will be posted to the site. If you have questions regarding this policy, please check this policy periodically. Please address any questions or comments regarding this policy to email@example.com