Healthcare Office Administration (A.O.S)
The Healthcare Office Administration degree program offers a comprehensive learning curriculum, emphasizing administrative and high-level technological skills to meet the demands of the rapidly changing health care industry.
Students learn to perform essential clerical and organizational tasks within a healthcare facility. Course offerings include transcription, billing and coding, medical records management, and reimbursement methodologies. Discussion of ethical, legislative, and regulatory issues relative to the day-to-day operations of a health care facility is also included in this up-to-date, real-world curriculum. An essential element of the program is learning to use computers and a variety of software applications. Students also acquire the basics in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, financial administration, business communications, and psychology.
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ASA COLLEGE'S HEALTHCARE PROGRAM
Upon successful completion of the program, a graduate should possess the competencies and knowledge required to function successfully as an entry-level healthcare administrator by demonstrating the ability to:
- Produce professional quality medical documents with a variety of computer software tools (word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation).
- Code clinical data and prepare medical insurance claims for reimbursement purposes;Meet the challenging role of the administrative medical professional by applying knowledge of technological changes in an increasingly global economy and diverse workplace
- Apply ethical and legal principles and standards for the control, release and use of health information.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with others in supportive and leadership roles, both orally and in writing.
- Successfully pass the industry certification exam.
The Healthcare Office Administration degree program requires the successful completion of 61 semester credits hours for graduation as shown in the column on this page and the previous page.
After completion of the program, the students will be eligible to sit for the Certified Professional Coder Examination (CPC) administered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Graduates can find employment in positions such as administrative assistant, executive assistant, medical office assistant, records management supervisor, medical transcriptionist, and medical coding and billing professionals that are found in medical offices, hospitals, clinics, home health agencies, and insurance companies.
Click here to learn more about ASA College's Programs and download our student brochure!