Health Information Technology (A.A.S.)
The Health Information Technology (HIT) program offers a comprehensive learning curriculum, combining the expanding arena of health care with the cutting edge of information technology. The program prepares students to become an essential member of the health information management profession.
Students learn to organize, analyze and technically evaluate health information; compile various administrative and health statistics; maintain and use health information indexes; facilitate storage and retrieval of health data; utilize computerized health data, and control the use and release of health information. Discussion of ethical, legislative,and regulatory issues relative to the day-to-day operations of a health data is also included in this up-to-date, real-world curriculum.
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ASA COLLEGE'S HEALTHCARE PROGRAMS
Upon successful completion of the program, a graduate should be able to employ appropriate strategies that respond to the changing informational needs of patients, health care providers, researchers, and educators by demonstrating the ability to:
- Collect, tabulate, compute and prepare statistical reports for use by the medical staff, administration, governing board and authorized agencies.
- Code clinical data for research and other reporting purposes.
- Perform review of health information for patient care evaluation, quality improvement, and utilization management.
- Apply ethical and legal principles and standards for the control, release and use of health information.
- Utilize computers to compile data, process information for prospective payment systems and perform various other data analysis projects.
- Successfully pass the industry certiﬁcation exams.
Health Information Technology graduates are trained to be analytical experts. Careers in data analysis, statistical research and reporting such as lab research assistants are one path. Graduates will also find their skills utilized in clinical settings as medical coders, patient care evaluation experts and medical records and data management specialists.
Click here to learn more about ASA College's Programs and download our student brochure!