Financing Your Education
Students are strongly encouraged to apply for financial aid as soon as they are admitted, as the entire process can take from 6 - 12 weeks. Applicants are invited to meet individually with a financial aid officer to discuss their eligibility, application requirements, and available sources
To apply, they'll need to initially submit:
- A "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA);
- A New York State Express TAP Application;
- An application and promissory note for Federal Stafford Loans, if necessary;
- A valid social security card;
- A valid driver's license or any other form of official picture ID;
- Proof of citizenship or eligible non-citizen status;
After the first interview, students will receive an itemized list of additional documents that will need to be submitted for financial aid consideration at a subsequent interview.
The Financial Aid Office is committed to assisting students and their families in identifying ways to meet the costs of a college education. ASA participates in federal and state financial aid programs and also sponsors many scholarships exclusively for our students.
ASA's Financial Aid representatives are available to meet with you and answer any questions you have about financing your education.
All meetings are private and confidential.