Executive Legal Assistant Certificate
This program prepares the graduate with high levels of organizational skills as well as knowledge and competence in legal concepts for corporations or law firms. While lawyers assume ultimate responsibility for legal work, Executive Legal Assistants continue to assume a growing range of tasks in the nation's legal offices and corporations. Nevertheless, they are explicitly prohibited from carrying out duties which are considered to be the practice of law, such as setting legal fees and giving legal advice.
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ASA COLLEGE'S BUSINESS PROGRAMS
- Utilize active listening skills to accurately condense and record verbal information, instructions, and ideas with speed writing and transcribing; communicate verbally, using language that is appropriate to the intended audience.
- Select, apply, and adapt computer software tools (word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation) to business related tasks.
- Apply standard records management procedures when establishing and maintaining systems to classify, organize, store, and retrieve hard copy and electronic ﬁles.
- Apply ethical standards for efﬁciency and quality of work.
- Transfer to a degree program with little to none further academic preparation.
United States Department Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook states that the legal assistant positions are very promising and are projected to grow at a rate of 18% through 2018. Positions in Law, Accounting and Marketing firms are strong routes for Legal Assistants, researchers and data entry clerks.
Click here to learn more about ASA College's Programs and download our student brochure!