Computer Programming and Information Technology (A.O.S.)
Computer Information Systems support essential functions of almost all organizations in the world. These systems demand a focus on the structure and components of computers, the theory which underlies their operation, and their applications. To support systems, professionally trained programmers and network engineers serve in wide areas of business, at all levels of government, the private sector, and in public and social services establishments.
Our Computer Programming and Information Technology Program is intended to enable individuals with little or no computer knowledge to become business application programmers and/or programmer-analysts. Our students are provided specialized training in all aspects of Web Development with ASP.NET, Visual Communications and Graphics.
The program provides a comprehensive education, covering many aspects of computer science including computer architecture, advanced programming techniques, database management, and design and development of Internet applications using ASP.NET. The curriculum is rounded off with carefully selected courses in liberal arts and science that enhance the students' educational experience making them ready for the challenges of new technology.
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAMS OFFERED AT ASA COLLEGE
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates should be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and/or users to develop, prioritize, and estimate the requirements for software implementation.
- Prepare detailed workﬂow charts and diagrams that describe input, output and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a variety of industry standard computer languages.
- Design, develop, document, test and debug software and systems using logical and mathematical solutions.
- Design, develop, document, test and debug basic web based programs and basic database applications.
- Compile and write documentation during the software development cycle.
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics’ occupational employment projections from 2010 to 2020, Computer Programmers, Software Developers and Graphic Designers are the fast growing occupations. Graduates can find careers as coding engineers computer programmers, front-end and back-end developers, webmasters, desktop publishers, visual image developers and many other tech-industry positions.
The primary focus of the program is to prepare students for successful employment in the field of computer programming and information technology. However the program also provides a solid foundation to make the transition to a Baccalaureate degree program in Computer Science or Information Management Systems.
Click here to learn more about ASA College's Programs and download our Student Brochure!