ASA is authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to confer the Associate of Occupational Studies and the Associate in Applied Science degrees. Our degree and certificate programs are registered by the State Education Department. Their address and phone number is:
New York State Education Department
Office of College and University Evaluation
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12230
Phone: (518) 474-5851
ASA is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Their contact information is:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104.
Phone: (267) 284-5000
Additionally, ASA's associate degree program in Medical Assisting is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants Endowment (AAMAE). Their address is:
35 East Wacker Drive, Suite 1970
Chicago, Illinois 60601-2208.
Phone: (312) 553-9355
The college is also approved by the New York State Education Department for the training of veterans and is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students
ASA College, its faculty and staff, maintain memberships in the following professional higher-education and civic organizations.
- American Association for Higher Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Association of Medical Assistants
- American College Personnel Association
- Association of Computing Machinery
- Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
- Eastern Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- NAFSA International Educators Association
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National Business Educators Association
- National Career Development Association
- National Student Employment Association